Chief Financial Officer - Support Reorganisation in Asia Region
Business partnering role to the local GM and global CFO
Opportunity to create new organisational structure in Japan
About Our Client
Our client is a global trading company with presence across all continents. The Company employs over 50,000 people worldwide, and generates revenue of over USD 30 billion.
- Work closely with the strategic leader within Asia region to support re-organisation and new strategy for Japan
- Develops annual and strategic financial plans
- Establishes and manage policies, standards and reporting requirements as required for the region
- Works across with the divisional heads to focus on identifying efficiencies, margin expansion and profitability
- Contribute to development of finance systems to increase the effectiveness of the accounting function and ensure it is in line with business requirements where possible.
- Assist with problem solving in all areas of the business and ensure a smooth running of the operation.
- Manage the team ensuring that the most timely and accurate information possible is provided with the resources available.
- Hold annual appraisals, and regular catch-up meetings to monitor performance against agreed goals.
- Plan the resources according to the business needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong financial, analytical and management accounting skills including skills/experience in planning and budgeting
- Experience in working in a global and diverse business and exposure to related issues - ability to lead and develop a diverse team, working across diverse business streams
- Significant experience in strategic planning, and general management activities with exposure to / involvement at executive level.
- An ability to establish and execute the overall business strategy in conjunction with the General Manager, and manage quality delivery of the Finance and other functions amidst many conflicting priorities
- Develop a high performing finance function that delivers on results, including establishment of appropriate and consistent standards, procedures & efficiencies across the finance function
What's on Offer
Our client is creating a new structure within APAC to improve efficiency and drive aggressive growth across the region. The role will have an opportunity to shape the business and finance landscape in Japan and Asia.