CFO (Over 20 Staff) - No Japanese Language Restriction
Support transformation of the business through ERP and new tools implementation
Wide scope role across multiple functions (including managers as direct reports)
Our client is an international consumer goods business with a long history of over 70 years, and a recognizable brand name within their market segment. The company employs over 7.000 people worldwide, and handles high volume of import / export products within a wide range of pricing points.
Japan business was established several decades ago, and to date continues to bear high importance to the global operations as it's revenue contribution is ranked within top 3 globally.
CFO will be the right hand to the local GM, and will manage multiple back-office functions including Finance, HR, IT, etc. with total number of over 20 staff under their control (including managers as direct reports).
While the business has steady revenue growth, there is more potential to increase the revenue from single to double digits.
As the company is in the transition process, CFO will support the GM to engage internal and global stakeholders to facilitate change mindset throughout the organization to implement long lasting changes which should set up the business for future success
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in departmental programs and operations
- Proven experience as a CFO or in a senior finance position with strong skills in all around finance / accounting matters.
- Managing multiple business functions such as IT, HR, etc. would be advantageous
- Solid working experience in Japan in a senior role involving driving business agendas and achieving revenue goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and other stakeholders
- A high level of commercial acumen is required that goes beyond merely reporting the financial numbers on a periodic basis.
This is a high level, strategic role which will drive various changes across the business, and have high impact on how the future business will be shaped.