- #2 role in the business with coverage of Finance, HR, Admin & Logistics
- Support market expansion, new business strategy and product introduction
About Our Client
Our client is a global B2C / consumer goods company well known for offering necessity household products specifically related to health and safety.
The company was founded in Europe in over 50 years ago, and has now branches in over 30 countries worldwide.
In Japan, the company experienced over 30% growth for the past 3 years as they invested into the expansion of their product portfolio and business segments. Currently their revenue is balanced between offline (retail / wholes) and online channels.
As the healthy lifestyle becoming more and more priority for many people during the COVID pandemic, our Client has been experiencing increasing demand on their products. Their revenue has been increasing, and overall sales numbers steadily going up.
Management of Financial Controlling and Accounting for Japan entity in additional to Logistics, IT, Admin and HR. Work closely with local General Management, APAC and HQ Group Management team.
- Local implementation of finance & operations directives in coordination with sales and marketing counterparts.
- Ensuring closing quality, liaison for financial audit, key contact for external stakeholders incl. banks, tax office, auditors
- Forward-looking controlling with clear transparency, including annual budget & rolling forecast process
- Responsible together with Japan Management team for company growth and profitability
- Consult & challenge local management and teams in strategic business topics & decisions
- Support & challenge Management team in strategy development & implementation
- Oversite of HR, General affairs, HR and IT function
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant working experiences in Finance & Accounting function with proven track record in team management within multinational company in Japan
- Excellent business acumen and analytical ability to drive business goals
- Outstanding in strategic thinking, whilst possessing a hands on approach
- Solid business partnering experience and ability to communicate efficiently across all levels of organization
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Japanese (ability to read / write complex legal documents and contract in Japanese required
What's on Offer
CFO / Finance & Operations Director will be part of the leadership team to support achieving the business goals and provide strategic input across back office function.
The company is experiencing high demand on their products and implementing new ways (i.e. further investment into online / digital platforms) to respond to the trend.
As the company continues to grow, scope of responsibilities can expand further for this position.