CFO - Drive Business Expansion (Double Digits Growth)
#2 role within the company and right hand to the local President
Business Partner role to drive business expansion
About Our Client
Our client is a world leader within their industry with a focus to improve lives of patience with rare diseases.
In Japan, the company is mid-size and is conveniently located in central Tokyo. The business has achieved double-digits revenue growth in the last 3 years.
While the business has solid foundation and customer base in Japan, from global prospective there are many opportunities to take further market share.
While Japan business has achieved double-digits revenue growth in the last years, the company has ambitious plans to take further market share. To achieve the goals, the company identified several opportunities to improve on current inefficiencies, and is looking for a strong CFO to drive the changes in local operations and create a commercially-minded finance function (with focus on market analysis, business partnering and long-term strategy) which can impact local decision making process.
- Report in a timely manner to the President and to the Global Finance team regarding all new relevant points in terms of profitability, cash flow, conflicts of interests etc.
- Ensure definition of an efficient financial organization deploying continuous process improvement and allocating right profiles to key positions
- Analysis of commercial performance versus generated volumes and applied tariffs (margin per container and per service activity, etc.)
- Deep analysis of mains costs to identify potential sources of reduction (terminals, port costs, depot costs, feeder activity, etc.)
- Manage the Cash Management and treasury process including the optimization of cash flow, bank relationships and currency exposure.
- Identify revenues optimization and bring creativity in developing new local charges
- Support development of the local finance team (provide training and mentorship, skills evaluation, etc.) and create robust structure
The Successful Applicant
- Strong experience as Finance Department Manager
- Experience in driving expansion of the business, operational changes and business process improvement
- Current knowledge of financial and accounting computer applications (ERP / SAP, BI)
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken to communicate with overseas
- Fluency in Japanese required including ability to read / write complex documentation in Japanese language
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Previous experience in managing a team
What's on Offer
This is rewarding role which will give you an opportunity to recreate local operations and make a strong impact on the future of the business in Japan.
The role will have a lot of flexibility and support from the Regional CFO and local MD to drive the changes, and will be a key business partner within local operations.