CFO based in Osaka (Retirement Age OK)
Opportunity to drive establish business to new growth opportunities
Review and optimize internal processes, and create commercial finance function
Our company is a machine manufacturing business with a long history in Japan. The company in Japan has around 100 employees with the main office based in Osaka area, and satellite offices in various other locations.
- Influences key business decisions based on financial performance.
- Analyze variations from forecasts and prior periods to provide accurate explanations for variances and support President in determining effective countermeasures.
- Provide leadership in improving financial results in the area of revenue, operating profit and working capital.
- Directs the consolidation and/or reporting of actual results, including for GAAP and statutory purposes, as applicable for the country.
- Drives overall budgeting, forecasting and analysis with clear insights and decisions to support the corporate initiatives and regional growth.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Supports local leaders with ad hoc reporting to support many day-to-day business decisions for commercial and operations.
- Ensure financial reporting is accurate, timely and relevant and provides direction on a forward-looking basis to support business decisions.
- Develops financial staff through coaching, counseling, and evaluating associates. Hires strong talent with a focus on succession planning.
- Strong experience in Finance or Accounting with ability to drive operational changes and support business growth.
- Excellent interpersonal and English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills to lead locally, influence across the organization in a matrix environment and build inclusivity and engagement across the team.
- Advanced experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Strong business acumen with strong analytical and problem solving techniques
- CFO will be considered as #2 person with the company, and will offer strategic input and support to the President to achieve growth goals.
- The CFO will manage an organisation of around 10 people across Finance, Operations and HR