- Global construction company that is known as an industry leader in its market
- Opportunity to manage subcontractor category for Japan office
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational industrial company that provides services to the construction industry. The company is a well-known publicly listed conglomerate with over 100,000 employees across 2,000 locations. Globally, they are known as an industry leader in building management services. The Japan office consists of over 1,000 employees.
- Develop strategy for the subcontracting category by assessing budgeting, spending, pricing, etc.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and drive continuous improvement on areas of price, service, quality, etc.
- Source new suppliers by analyzing market competition, benchmarking, and on-boarding into company system
- Align with business stakeholders and APAC Procurement Department on service needs and cost estimation
The Successful Applicant
- Over 5 years of purchasing experience
- Experience in procurement category management (any category)
- Experience in manufacturing company (construction related preferred)
- Fluent Japanese ability and business level English ability
What's on Offer
- Multinational, publicly listed that is considered an industry leader
- Opportunity to utilize English; direct report line to APAC office
- Opportunity to manage procurement categories
- Good career path options available
- Competitive salary package and benefits
- Good work-life balance