Buy-side Equity Analyst
Leading Global Asset Management Firm
Required: at least 6 -10 years in research
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest asset management firms -- active, long/short strategy
- Take responsibility for the analysis of a list of stocks allocated by the Director of Research; typically such a list will comprise 25-30 names
- Ramp coverage on those names within a time period agreed with the Director of Research; typically within 12 months
- Use all sources available to formulate a view on the stocks under your assigned coverage. This would include sources within the company as well as other industry sources such as competitors and customers, and external sources such as sell-side brokers and third-party research providers.
- Maintain a current rating on each stock on the assigned coverage list. Ratings go from 1 (strong buy) to 5 (strong sell).
- Publish regular reports on assigned stocks;
- Communicate your views to PMs via written reports, voice mails, emails, and face to face meetings.
- Host company meetings on companies on your list for PMs when appropriate.
- Provide an industry update annually on the industries under your assigned coverage.
- Maintain a notional paper portfolio comprised of the stocks on your assigned coverage list.
- Assist with mentoring colleagues and maintaining general corporate morale and direction as required by Director of Research.
The Successful Applicant
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Must have at least 6 to 10 years of relevant experience in research (buy or sell)
- Excellent financial analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Native level spoken and written Japanese and business level English
- Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically & quickly
- Must have a valid visa to work in Japan
What's on Offer
Work with an experienced research team at a buy-side firm