Business Development Specialist
Very international firm environment to work in with very international mind set
Growing law firm - planning to expand its business size in very short term
Leading international law firm, specialised in transnational M&A and financial practices.
The Business Development Specialist is expected to support a wide range of marketing and practice development initiatives in the firm's Tokyo office, primarily to build on the already successful M&A and corporate practice. He or she will collaborate with members of the Business Development team (based overseas) as well as the firm's local Business Development and Communications teams to support the Tokyo-based transactional partners, counsel and professional staff.
Responsibilities include coordinating and implementing various projects to advance partner and practice group priorities within the context of firm and practice group strategies, and working with attorneys, professional staff and various task force groups on strategic initiatives.
He or she will act as a liaison between attorneys and administrative functions regarding office support needs, as well as contribute to the overall success of regional practice group initiatives.
In addition, the candidate must have written and oral fluency in Japanese and English, with an emphasis on high level business Japanese fluency. Candidates will regularly correspond with clients and vendors at the attorneys' request and will also occasionally be responsible for the translation of marketing materials from English into Japanese and vice-versa as well as client specific documents as needed.
The ideal candidate for this position should have experience working in a Japanese corporation or firm, have strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail, and have a "can do" positive attitude.
1. Ability to function in a profession Japanese business settling.
2. Excellent project management, prioritization and organizational skills.
3. Strong work ethic and stamina; demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
4. Demonstrated ability to consider strategic alternatives while moving initiatives and projects forward.
5. Ability to compile, review and make reasoned decisions or recommendations based on data and information which is varied in content and format.
6. Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
7. Excellent business writing skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with people at all professional levels in a global, multi-office environment.