Excellent career progression possibilities
Central Tokyo location
About Our Client
Our client for this position is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, warranty, diagnostics and repair services for mobile phones. It is a US-headquartered firm which has been operating in Japan for many years, now providing their services and technology to millions of end customers here. The Tokyo office works closely with teams in other Asia-Pacific locations as well as with their California head office, with many global projects and initiatives to help launch new products coming up. It is a collaborative and "techy" working environment, where creativity and coming up with new ideas is actively encouraged.
An analyst role within IT department responsible for investigating business situations, identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems, defining requirements and ensuring the effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business, working closely with Product Analyst.
- Proactively collaborate with Product Analyst and communicate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver as needed following artifacts using appropriate documentation standards and applying best practices: (Functional requirements (BRD), Use Cases, User Stories along with acceptance criteria and business benefits(ROI), GUI, Screen and Interface designs). Develop use cases/user stories as a key communication tool between the business and technical teams.
- Build test cases, verification scripts, along with actual validation/testing for checking completeness. (Ex QA)
- Prioritize user stories by collaborating with Development Lead, Project Manager and Product Analyst.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Apply advanced knowledge and understanding of business analysis concepts, principles and techniques to gather, document and manage business requirements for new system implementations and major enhancements to existing solutions.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Clarify requirement queries with development team as an ongoing activity.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical solution and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Develop deep understanding of current systems and processes and analyze impact of changes as new solutions are introduced to the environment.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects and Product Analysts to ensure Business acceptance.
- Consult as needed with Enterprise Architecture, Risk and Security and other Shared Service teams to ensure standards are met, systems are secure and proper control requirements are included for all projects.
- Facilitates prototype, demo with product owners for early preview
The Successful Applicant
- Business experience in any of the following fields: Finance, Supply Chain, Forecasting, Call Center, Procurement, or Manufacturing/Refurbish.
- Must have good understanding of system structure but not necessarily system engineering skills.
- Fully fluent in Japanese and English
- Experienced Business Analyst
- Understanding of Microsoft Solution Framework
- Background in Microsoft Dynamics or call center solution is preferred but not a must
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) is desirable but not a prerequisite.
What's on Offer
- Great working environment for creative technologists
- Chance to get involved with cutting edge technologies e.g. AI, machine learning, 'Big Data'
- Excellent career progression possibilities