Big Data Technical Specialist
Earn a lucrative salary
Engage with global teams
Our client is a prominent securities and investment banking company with an international network in 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, the organisation employs approximately 26,000 staff worldwide. With a broad telecommunications network and framework for conducting business, the company provides its clients with several online and other IT related services. Driven by a commitment to expand and maintain the lead in both financial services and technology, our client is always supporting its talent in achieving both organisational and individual career goals by operating on a global scale and collaborating with all persons for resilience and flexibility.
The role includes key participation in implementing the reporting system with focus on liquidity regulation and capital adequacy regulation.
Specific tasks for this role, based on experience and ability,include a combination of:
- Interfacing with stakeholders in Liquidity / Regulatory Capital Reporting, both domestically and internationally, on business requirements and functional documentation on a timely basis.
- Convert business requirements in Functional Specification document into a robust application code.
- Design Develop and maintain GLAD codebase for various components.
- Preparing Architecture materials using power-point, data flow diagrams
- Supporting Project Managers to ensure project delivery as per program schedules; determining and reporting delivery milestones
- Assessing upstream and downstream impacts of system changes and determining new options for these systems
- Fulfil Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology - Agile
- Support change management, change analysis, and front to back coordination.
- Proactively support ongoing analysis of graphical user interfaces and functional specifications for in-scope applications with the objective to recommend and contribute to ongoing improvements
- Proactively support ongoing analysis of reference data integration with and impact on in-scope applications with the objective to recommend and contribute to ongoing improvements of remediation strategies.
- Participate in the testing of system implementations by acting as accountable owner for creating and managing test cases, and representing the team for test cycle reviews such as for SIT/End to End/UAT, while serving as point for user communications.
- Business level English and Japanese.
- Strong oral and written communications to both technical and non-technical stake-holders.
- Very good presentation and documentation skills to make complex things easy to understand for to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starting with ability to initiate with the business, analyze, and document independently with minimal support.
- Strong ability to correlate business process with technology solutions to best benefit both the business stakeholders and apply to proper technology architecture.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced financial environment.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail Significant development experience preferably 5+ years in general purpose programming languages with minimum of Java (Scala preferred) in multiple OS environments (Unix/Linux/Windows).
- Basic understanding of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Denodo and Dremio.
- Good understanding of programming frameworks such as Eclipse or IntelliJ. At least 3+ years of experience in Big Data related technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Map-Reduce and understanding Spark internals and optimisation.
- Good understanding of Agile Methodology and DevOps tools used such as JIRA, Git and Jenkins.
- Basic understanding of financial securities products such as securities, derivatives and related regulations.
- Good understanding of best practices for creating high quality software, including code reviews, source code control management, build & deployment and testing.
- Have fundamental understanding of reference data and how it impacts business requirements.
- Experience in dealing with liquidity or BASEL III requirement
- Very good data analysis skills
- Exposure to trading environment products such as equities, fixed income, and derivatives products
- Understanding of general ledger systems and related concepts
- Understanding of any general purpose programming languages (C, C++, Go) and multiple OS environments (Unix/MS).
- Understanding or experience in web technologies like REACT, NODE-JS, typescript etc
The successful candidate is entitled to:
- A high salary of up to JPY 11M/year.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- Working in a bilingual, global environment.
- Working in an ego-free environment, where all voices are valued.