Associate Marketing Manager - Video game company
Start-up environment, flat office
Interaction with global offices
Our client is a global video game company, which possesses numerous successful video game series across personal computer and video game consoles. With about 10 people in the office at the moment, they offer a start-up, international, stable working environment.
- Develop local marketing and communications strategies, manage and execute all marketing, advertising and promotional activities with local agencies.
- Plan, execute, and evaluate marketing communications campaigns: Market analysis, creative strategy, advertising, media planning, pricing, digital marketing and retail promotion
- Manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity
- Maintaining and leveraging relationship with all priority local partners - media, first party, agency, vender, etc.
- Manage the media lists and communication/editorial calendars, distribute press release and/or email blast and handle media's inquires on all matters from product information, assets delivery, interview and preview request, etc
- Assist in the logistics for events and press tours including setting up game demo to press, consumers and partners as required. Responsible for Writing, editing and translating media materials such as press releases, asset packs and trailer scripts from English to Japanese.
- Review Japanese translation provided by the agency before submission. Translate event presentation and interviews and provide feedback on key campaigns to the global team in English.
- Responsible for the Marketing/PR/Social assets management and approval process - download, save, and disseminate assets. Submit edited/adapted assets to the Asia lead for approval prior to marketing/PR/social use.
- Support and mentor the marketing assistant.
- Fully bilingual in English and Japanese
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the marketing, PR and/or Social industry, preferably in gaming, entertainment marketing or consumer lifestyle brands.
- Basic gaming skills - able to set up game system and play game.
- Strong writing/creative skills in Japanese in order to create and localize marketing assets
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English to be able to translate materials and communicate with global team.
- A strong team player, eye for detail and willingness to learn and roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- A passion for sports, especially in NBA and WWE, will be preferred.
- Flat organization
- Interaction with global offices
- Opportunity to explore all aspects of marketing