Assistant Accounting Manager - Medical Device Company
Start-up environment with plenty of opportunities for growth
Chance to use English on daily basis
Our client is a one of the world's highly innovative healthcare company that specializes in manufacturing and developing medical implant devices. Headquartered in North America, the company is also present in various regions of the world. Furthermore, the company has won several awards and recognition for their work and contribution to the healthcare industry.
- Accurate and timely review of all incoming invoices and T&E claims, and entry into SAP.
- Preparation of weekly payments, ensuring accuracy / completeness of invoice data and approvals.
- Assist with month-end close process (reconcile monthly AP sub-ledger to General Ledger, AP cutoff, Travel & Expense journal entries, Accruals)
- Review and maintain current AP processes and suggest opportunities for improvement and enhancement of productivity.
- Manage BPO vendor or temporary staff.
- Involve several projects, such as SAP upgrade, taking back of the booking and payment responsibility from an outside accounting partner.
- Establish and maintain best practices for AP processes and SOX compliance
- Perform month and year end closing under manager's supervision.
- Support in the planning/forecast submission with preparing necessary data.
- At least 5 years of Accounting experience (manufacturing company environment preferred).
- Knowledge of J-GAAP and US GAAP or IFRS is required.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Business level English communication skills
- Fluent level Japanese communication skills
- Fast growing company with plenty of chance for growth and development
- Opportunity to initiate process improvement projects as well as system upgrade projects
- Chance to utilize English communication skills
- Central location