Asia / APAC Tax Manager - Cover Japan and South-East Asia
Develop and implement tax initiatives and strategies for Japan and SE-Asia
Business partnering position with strong emphases on regional expansion
Our client is a global leader within their field with focus on developing pharmaceutical solutions and treatment to prolong the quality of life of the patients worldwide.
Globally, the company is well established generating hundreds of millions in revenue. Japan business was incorporated this year, and has already established core leadership team including the CFO and GM. The company is planning to hire additional 40-50 people this year alone.
Short-term, the Asia / APAC Tax Manager will focus on creating tax structure for Japan and tax compliance. Long-term, the company is expecting this role to expand to cover South-East Asia region, and create tax strategies for several upcoming countries.
- Specialized in Japan tax, have interest to expand tax knowledge in South-East Asia (SEA) region.
- Develop effective, legal tax strategies to minimize the overall tax burden and minimize overall costs associated with the tax function.
- Work with local consultants to ensure timely filing of Japan South-East Asia operating company tax returns and accuracy of it.
- Monitor transfer pricing adjustment in Japan and SEA region.
- Implement global principle model and tax initiatives for the new company in APAC.
- Supporting due diligence and deal strategy for proposed acquisitions in Japan and SEA region.
- Strong knowledge of tax planning, tax compliance, and tax return preparation for Japan entities
- Experience in all aspects of tax (e.g. VAT / consumption tax, income tax, controversy, tax accounting)
- Skilled in developing and analysing tax planning and tax minimization strategies
- English skills required to communicate with global counterparts
- Influence and negotiation skills to support expansion of the Asia region.
Our company is looking for a reliable partner who can support them with the establishment of in-house tax operations, and will be a voice to the global and regional Finance HQ.
As the company is going to look at new ways to expand the business in Japan, this is going to be a very interactive and engaging position.