- One of the biggest Pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Broad exposure across the business
About Our Client
Our client has a long history in the pharmaceutical industry as an innovator and industry leader. They have received multiple awards and recognition for the research they've completed and drugs they've created. Their pharmaceutical achievements cover many different illnesses making their market coverage vast which leads to increased stability and reputability.
- Lead and direct a Procurement team across multiple countries within a region
- Develop and implement effective ways of working across the APAC and Category team to ensure a cohesive approach
- Develop the team and individual capabilities from both technical and behavioural aspects
- Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners
- Deliver benefits identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Deliver benefit identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Ownership of tail management within the in-scope country and challenge it appropriately to ensure no category spend is left outside category scope
- Challenge requirements and educate stakeholder to drive maximum contract and PSL compliance
- Build strategic relationship with a network of senior local/regional stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition.
- Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development endorse recommend strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
- Build strategic relationships with key regional/local suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure local considerations are accounted global & regional supplier relationships.
- Influence category teams to ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global & regional supplier negotiations and contracts
- Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
- Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional/local contracts with suppliers that will allow the company to maximise opportunity.
- Develop and Implement Operational excellence strategies and plans for key regional/local suppliers to drive improvements against KPIs.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong years of experience in Indirect Purchasing
- Management and Leadership experience
- Overall knowledge of the entire logistics process
- Good overall computer skills, ERP (e.g. SAP) experience preferable
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical laws/ regulations is a plus
- Logical thinking and good communication skills both in English and Japanese
What's on Offer
- Great work life balance
- Competitive compensation (Base + Bonus + Stock options)
- Opportunity to manage multiple countries
- Opportunity to communicate locally, regionally and globally