APAC Finance Director (Conversational Japanese OK)
Role with high authority and decision making power
Chance to set-up new business in Japan and Asia
About Our Client
A world-leading pharmaceutical company with headquarters in the USA specializing in discovery, development and delivery to patients worldwide innovative therapies for the treatment of various rare diseases. Founded almost over 40 years ago it is now one of the world's oldest companies in their field with over 9000 employees and numerous acquisitions / merges over time.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, provide value-added counsel and strategic guidance to President and affiliate leadership team.
- Influence business success through a deep understanding of operational objectives, key performance measures and leading practices.
- Lead financial and business review processes and highlights key strategies for local and regional Responsible for forecasting short term (current year) and long term (long range planning) P&L for the affiliate
- Ongoing business performance against budgets/forecasts and understand and identifying reasons for variances.
- Oversee all accounting, planning, tax and financial governance activities.
- Ensure the adequate design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Prepare and maintain pricing approval processes.
- Coach and develop finance team achieving optimal performance and engaged staff and ensuring talent pipeline for future business needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Solid experience as department / senior manager, having led a diverse team.
- English language proficiency, conversational level Japanese or above required.
- Extensive accounting and financial analysis knowledge of US/J GAAP in overall financial operations.
- Experience as a finance head of a pharmaceutical/Medical Devices/HLS/ affiliate.
- Proven track record in managing and developing teams preferably in multinational environment.
- Experience in change management and business process improvement.
- CPA / MBA or similar, strong accounting and commercial finance background.
- International experience preferred.
What's on Offer
The Finance Director will support the company through changes and improve current operations in Japan while preparing for setting up operations in 2 other locations in Asia and ultimately manage them. Additionally, the Finance Director will create a commercial finance function and increase collaboration with the stake holders across the company in Japan, region and global team in the HQ.