AP Accountant/ Assistant Manager (Brand New Headcount)
Participate in the set-up of new office and AP team in Japan.
Opportunity to partner with APAC/regional teams to support expansion of business
About Our Client
Our client is a one of the world's leading retail group with products sold in over 100 countries. With strong financial performance within APAC in the past few years, they are currently looking to expand their presence in Japan. As a result they are hiring this brand new role to invest into their location operations. You will be able to play an integral role in the company's expansion in building a new team while working closely with APAC.
- Manage end-to-end AP process - i.e. vendor management, payment processing, month-end accounting
- Manage local compliance and tax filings
- Manage end-to-end fixed assets process
- Responsible for system and process improvement initiatives
- Directly reporting to Regional Controller and collaboration with other APAC teams.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in finance/accounting, specifically experience with AP process
- Experience with ERP System
- Fluency in Japanese (ability to read and write complex Japanese documents)
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal communication with oversea counterparts)
What's on Offer
As the company is growing their operations in Japan, this role will have opportunities to participate in a wide range of projects including ERP enhancement initiatives and bringing third-party AP operations in-house.