Accounting & Tax Director 経理・税務ディレクター（経理・財務）
Opportunity to shape Accounting Services and elevate existing standards
Make impact on the business by improvement of internal processes and tools
Our client is a global player within professional services and consulting field, and provides tailored business critical solutions for the back-office functions to multinational companies. With operations worldwide, our client is a well trusted partner to companies ranging from well-established Fortune 500 to start-up companies.
In Japan, the company is well on trend with new reform bill which was passed by Japan government on June 2018, and takes aim at Japan's "work styles" with regulations limiting overtime hours. This is a positive development for our client to expand their services and support the implementation of better task distribution and improvement of work-life balance.
- Manage and supervise a team of approximately 20+ accounting professionals including managers
- Review and supervise all client related accounting output including reporting, preparation of statutory and non-statutory accounts, liaison with auditors, etc.
Taxation & Compliance services:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of all tax compliance matters with the support of the teams (tax registrations for new clients, tax returns, etc.)
- Providing final sign-off of all tax reporting prior to Public Officer or Tax Agent signature.
- Evaluate performance of the team, identify potential skill gaps and training opportunities, and set up career development plans to foster productive work environment
On-boarding and Management:
- Support on-boarding process for new clients including preparation of on-boarding plan, analysis and planning of operational needs, resources, etc.
- Establish and update procedures in relation to tax and accounting compliance services provided to clients, including ensure appropriate documentation on each clients' specific requirements.
- Strong experience in Accounting & Tax field; working background in Accounting / Consulting firms or Outsourcing / Professional Services environment would be a strong plus.
- Solid experience managing larger team(s) including performance evaluation and team development
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, Zeirishi / Licensed Tax Accountant, CA / Chartered Accountant, etc. are highly regarded for this role
- Excellent command in both spoken and written Japanese and English including the ability to write / review complex legal documents in Japanese
- Ability to analyze customer specific demands and translate into customer specific solutions
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and respond in a positive and constructive manner to changing business circumstances.
- Ambition: Our client is a growing company in which they constantly look for the new opportunities. They reward people based on their achievements with career progression opportunities and new scopes in responsibilities.
- Teamwork: Our client provides open environment where new ideas are being encouraged, and team work is lived daily to foster culture of continuous improvement and self-development.
- Learning opportunities: Work with high-calibre individuals, and have an opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. Our client also provides training opportunities across all levels of their organisation.
- Career progression: With the business expanding, there is a career path for a qualified person to progress into a more senior role in the future.