Accounting Manager at US based Outdoor Apparel Brand
Great relaxed work environment with excellent work life balance
Broad exposure to the business
This company is one of the most respected and popular outdoor apparel brands in the world, which continues to raise awareness around environmental issues and climate change. Environmentally friendly company that focused on sustainability, has huge presence in Japan and it is continuously growing in the market. It has very relaxed casual work environment with great family value and excellent work life balance.
Your responsibilities will include the following tasks:
Ensuring on time and accurate processing and reporting of all accounting transactions for accounts payables
and general accounting processes
* Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
* Process month, quarter and end year close process for accounts receivable, accounts payables, retail
accounting, general ledger (including prepaid expenses and accruals), treasury, revenue recognition,
inventory reconciliation, etc.
* Ensure proper credit control such as credit check, credit limit control and the arrangement of credit
* Provide various monthly report.
* Ensure monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, including intercompany reconciliation.
* Provide variance analysis for both balance sheet and P&L.
* Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, procedures and principles.
* Safeguard document retention policies.
* Ensure that proper internal controls are in place.
* Lead ERP and other systems implementation project of accounting area.
* Research of accounting standards to determine appropriate accounting treatment for complex
* Conduct monthly cash forecast
* Conduct monthly purchase forecast
* Conduct regular and/or necessary telephone/web conference with corporate finance US.
* Communicate between international partners when it's necessary.
Support statutory audits and ensure overall compliance with local laws and requirements
* Ensure on time and accurate periodically VAT, Import duties and submission.
* Support external advisors with local corporate income tax preparation and statutory requirements.
* Filing, scanning, storing, and retrieving of all related financial documents in accordance with local rules
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years post-graduation experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Tax
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and ideally data-extraction tools such as COGNOS
Here are the main benefits of the company
- Strong market share, Japan is the second biggest market outside of US
- Open and friendly work environment with strong family values
- Great work life balance, almost no overtime
- Generous maternity and paternity leave