Accounting Manager - Leading FinTech company
Manage a team of 2~4 accountant (open to people without management experience)
Chance to be part of a leading FinTech company
This company is a leading FinTech company with offices throughout Asia. Its HQ is based in Japan, and has more than 25 different nationalities. Because of this, the office culture is very international and uses English as the main language, in combination with Japanese.
This company differs itself from other FinTech companies, by being the best regulated firm in the market, resulting in a very stable/safe financial situation in a rapidly growing market.
As you will have the chance to take part in the growth of the firm, you will be able to be fully involved with the structuring and development of the finance department.
The successful candidate will guide the accounting team in handling, preparing, computing, managing, researching and analyzing all accounting data in order to provide information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our business.
In addition, the Accounting Manager will guide the accountants in performing the following tasks:
- Monitor and process cash deposits and withdraws
- Perform reconciliation of daily and monthly revenues
- Assist with other accounting projects in the office
- Assemble financial data for audits
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Manage bank account deposits
- Manage check transactions and payments
- Participate in month end account closing activities
- Perform account payable and receivable transactions
- Maintain confidentiality and security of bank accounts
- Proven working experience as a cost accountant or in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user *(Macros in Excel knowledge is a plus)*
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- CPA or CMA beneficial
- Able to work in a Japanese and English speaking environment
* Chance to lead a team of 2~4 accounting staff (open to people without management experience)
* International office culture: 50% foreigners, more than 25 different nationalities, main languages are Japanese & English
* Good work life balance: Flexible starting time 8~10AM, 15 annual holidays
* Strong company growth: Currently more than 100 staff, but will grow with 30% in the next few months. One of the largest financial trading platform in Japan
* Leadership diversity: Actively promotes females to take on leadership positions
* Relaxed work environment: Relaxation and lounge areas are provided, as well as a ping pong table, shower to refresh and free vending machines