Accounting Manager - Global financial company from Europe
International work-environment: Communicate with Europe & Singapore
Manage 1~2 staff
About Our Client
This Financial Services company is originally from Europe and is the global market leader within its respective industry. Because of the great success in the Japanese market - becoming the Japan market leader - the group company made Japan it's focus market. Currently, you can find their services in any shopping district/area in Tokyo.
A . Accounting & Reporting
- Responsible for monthly and yearly closing, in consolidation software (HFM / HYPERION).
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for presentation to management.
- Prepare local statutory accounts in compliance to Japanese GAAP (J- GAAP).
- Manage intercompany transactions and confirmations with counter parties in group.
- Prepare Periodic NTTD report, BBR and PPR Stock Take Info Report.
- Responsible for withholding tax, GST submission and corporate tax filing and payments.
B. Business Reports
- Support the APAC management reporting process by assisting in variance analyses comparing actual costs vs budget and prior year costs, and providing commentary on the revenue section in the CCP Report.
- Responsible for weekly cash flow submission to Treasury.
- Fund management Dividend/lC loan to group for excess cash resolution.
- Settlements via group netting including internal GB invoices.
D . Other
- Manage 1 (senior) accounting staff from the start, and possibly more later.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures and internal audit review follow up.
- Liaise with other departments (IT, Processing, Sales) and external vendors (auditors, tax agents and financial institutions) to resolve issues.
- Control the Shops/Merchants master data including registring new entities.
The Successful Applicant
- Around 4-7 years of relevant experience.
- Finance knowledge and a business/growth orientated mindset.
- Good communication skills to develop relationships with stakeholders of the organization.
- Pro-active mindset and able to take ownership over your current and future responsibilities.
- At least business level Japanese.
Good to have
- Prior management experience is beneficial.
- Experience with implementing new business processes is a plus.
- Prior experience with ERP: HFM / Hyperion is a plus.
- Qualifications are a big plus, for example: CPA, CA, Tax Accountant and/or Nissho Bookkeeping.
- Business level English is preferred, but not necessary. Reading/writing in English is the minimum proficiency.
What's on Offer
Growing company: Chance to play a key role in the growth of their Japanese business.
International working environment: Report directly to the financial controller, and be involved with communication with Singapore & Europe on a regular basis.
Stable company: This is the biggest market share holder within their industry, both globally and in Japan.
Grow your management experience: Within 2 years, their Japan office wants to in-source all finance activities. As the manager, be able to manage more staff going forward (given good motivation & performance).
Business + Finance tasks: Japan is the company's priority market, because of the growing growth in their industry. Because of this, you can be involved with business controlling tasks as well, if given the right mindset.