Accountant at a US Investment Bank
Report directly to the Head of Finance and overseas offices
Chance to work at a US Investment Bank, which is on the Fortune 500 list
This is a Global Investment firm, Headquartered in the US, which is on the Fortune 500 list and listed on the NY stock exchange. Globally, they have more than 200 open-ended mutual funds, and a dozen close-ended mutual funds. The Tokyo office is located in central Tokyo, and stands out because of its good work-life balance and continues financial success.
Because APAC has their own regional headquarters, you will work closely with other teams throughout Asia.
You will mainly be assisting with the maintenance of accounting records, including the preparation of journal entries and supporting schedules, financial statements, regulatory reports and variance analysis. The role is responsible for completion of monthly, quarterly and year end deliverables, whilst communication with the representatives overseas.
Besides these, you will be responsible, but not limited to:
- Calculation check of FX translation.
- Reconciliation of fixed assets.
- Support the preparation of internal and external financial reports, regulatory returns, tax filings and any other reports as required, and ensure the filings are done on a timely basis. Liaise with the external professionals as applicable.
- Support the preparation and/or collation of regional data for internal reporting and other analytic purposes.
- Support the month-end closing.
- 2-5 years accounting experience
- Both English and Japanese communication skills
- Motivated to grow your career and be involved with finance projects
Advantageous, but not necessary:
- CPA, Tax Accountant and/or Nissho bookkeeping
- A Bachelors or master's degree in accounting
- Experience with closing the books
- Experience with Tax accounting
- Great Work-Life balance: Everybody leaves the office at around 6.30pm
- English usage: As the Tokyo office works closely with the APAC-HQ in Singapore, you will have a lot of chances to use English
- Chance to grow your career: As the Tokyo office is smaller, you will have a lot of opportunities to work closely with the upper management and quickly gain experience on senior tasks.
- Stable working environment: You will be able to build a long career in this company, as they have a very low turnover and a financially strong business. Due to their financial success, they are on the Fortune 500 list.
- Finance projects: As you will work closely with the Head of Finance, you will have a chance to be involved with the execution of implementation and enhancement projects.