Accountant, Investment Banking department
Looking for VP, AVP, Associate or Analyst level
Truly international work-environment (English & Japanse)
This company is a global leader within the financial services industry, and in the top 100 largest companies in the world (based on the Fortune 500 list). They mainly specialize in banking and securities services and have more than 7000 staff globally.
Their Japan office is known to be very international, with a mix of Japanese, European and American staff, and has over 300 employees. In addition, they offer a stable career path and good work-life balance, with more than 90% retention rate. Most people go home at around 6-7pm.
- Financial Reporting: Head office, local regulatory and business line
- Strategy and Business Planning
- Product Control: Market Risk P/L and Trading desk
- Preparing financial statements
- Communicating with other departments in Japan and overseas
- Legal/regulatory assistance
- FX Hedging
- Accounting adjustments
- Accounting/Reporting experience within the Financial Services industry
- Pro-active and ambitious personality
- Able to work in a global team and report overseas
- Good Excel Skills
- Able to work in both a Japanese- and English speaking environment
Good to have, but not mandatory:
- Prior accounting experience within corporate/investment banking
- Experience in Product control (P/L and trading desk)
- A good understanding of banking products (loans, financing, trade finance products etc.), or motivated to learn about it prior to interviewing
- Head office, local and/or business line reporting
- Accounting qualifications: CPA, Nissho Boki are very welcome.
- Excellent career growth: If you join as an analyst/associate/AVP, you could grow to VP going forward.
- International work environment: Your department manager is American and you will regularly communicate with overseas offices in APAC and Europe. English will be used on a daily basis.
- Global mobility option: Chance to work in overseas offices if requested
- Good work-life balance: Compared to other corporate & investment banking firms, you can go home at around 6-7pm, instead of +8pm
- International office environment: mix of Japanese, European and American staff
- Low turnover, stable company: With the retention rate at more more than 90%, they are more long term focused.