- International Working Evnironment
- Flexible Work-style
About Our Client
Our client is a member company of a Japanese Giant Financial Group and a Top-Tier Securities Firm with a strong and well-established presence in the market. The company provides investors and corporate clients with a vast range of services, which is the factor that made their business so successful. The company has been raising in popularity as a place of work thanks to their excellent work culture and work-life balance. The company's offices are located in one the most important business centres of Tokyo.
Your role as a lead python developer will consist of the following duties:
- Participate in and direct development activities and schedules, technical architectures, and hands on coding.
- Lead a small team and share coding methodologies
- Interface with stakeholders in Finance Department, both domestically and internationally, on business requirements and documenting them on a timely basis
- Plan and manage testing of system implementations by acting as accountable owner for creating and managing test cases.
- Support Project Managers to ensure project delivery as per program schedules; determining and reporting delivery milestones
- Collaborate with partner technology departments such as front and middle office, settlement systems, reference data, infrastructure, and other core IT counter-parties.
- Fulfill Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology as part of project execution.
- Support change management, change analysis, and front to back coordination.
The Successful Applicant
If you meet most of the following criteria, this role is for you:
- Fluent in English
- Significant development experience with Python
- Strong oral and written communication ability to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter with ability to initiate with the business, analyze and document independently with minimal support
- Strong ability to correlate business process with technology solutions to best benefit both business stakeholders and apply proper technology architecture.
- Expertise in best practices for creating high quality software, including code reviews, source code control management, build & deployment and testing.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced financial environment
- Ability to conduct business as usual activities including application support
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
What's on Offer
If you are the successful candidate, you will be entitled to the following features:
- To work for one of the leading Securities firms in Japan and globally and advance your career
- A competitive high-base salary of up to JPY 12M/year
- Full employment and social benefits + full transportation coverage
- To work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and utilize/advance your bi-lingual skills
- A great work-life balance thanks to the low overtime work that is required by the company