- Work for a world leader of specialized medicines
- Contribute to greater access to much needed therapies
About Our Client
- Multinational pharmaceutical company with focus on the development and provision of crucial medicines across a variety of therapeutic areas including cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, neurological, immunological
- Provide input and support development of the project strategy.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional project teams to ensure that project deliverables are achieved and issues and risks are identified and managed.
- Effectively manages project stakeholders while working within a matrixed environment.
- Prepares routine project status updates via formal and informal channels (monthly reports, project review reports, ad hoc reports).
- Assists the business planning process including estimating, tracking and managing key project activities and costs to support R&D functions in planning and prioritization of resources.
- Accountable for the preparation and maintenance of all project documentation and administration.
- Where relevant, supports collaboration activities with external partners in the preparation and management of legal agreements and integration of services, technologies and capabilities to ensure delivery of project.
- Participates in the learning and development of junior Project Management staff and provide mentoring and coaching.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree, preferably in medical or biological sciences or discipline associated with clinical research.
- An advanced degree (MSc, PhD) in Science or Engineering, PMP certification, Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent is preferred.
- Extensive experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (or where relevant a biomedical research organization).
- In-depth knowledge in drug research, development and manufacturing processes of pharmaceuticals (CMC, non-clinical, clinical, and regulatory).
- Broad experience as a project manager leading cross-functional project teams in a matrixed, global environment, including those with complex technical, geographic, and/or regulatory elements.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams and delivering projects to meet business objectives on time, within budget and with quality.
- Participate in the learning and development of junior Project Management staff and provide mentoring and coaching.
- Proficient in the use of Project Management processes and tools (e.g. Microsoft Project).
What's on Offer
- Lead and manage clinical operations for Japan R&D
- Work in a new join-venture between two well established leaders in the field of specialised medicine
- Opportunity to work on global projects