You are here
- Global business intelligence group looking to hire Underwriting Advisor
- Facilitate the preparation of business cases and proposals for client solutions
About Our Client
Our client is a business intelligence group delivering convenience and brand loyalty to clients all over the world. With more than 50 years industry expertise, the company handles more than 16.6 million unique warranties, service contracts and policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
The Underwriting Advisor position is responsible for preparing business cases in conjunction with the sales team for approval by the Senior Technical Underwriter or HQ. This position is responsible for ensuring that all business cases are in line with global underwriting policies, procedures and delegated authorities. This position is also required to consistently apply sound underwriting practices and judgement to both new and ongoing programs, identify and correct issues and ensure overall risk exposure is in line with the company's risk appetite prior to submitting pricing requests for approval. The jobholder is expected to work closely and collaboratively with the Business Development/Sales function, Legal, Claims, well as Business Implementation teams.
The Successful Applicant
- 2 years experience in financial services industry in similar underwriting or analytical role
- Advanced Excel experience
- Strong technical skills with sound analytical aptitude and proven understanding of underwriting and actuarial principles
- High level of English skills
- An ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional use of written & oral communication methods with experience at liaising with corporate clients and internal staff at various levels
- Tertiary Qualification in Commerce, Science or Statistics an advantage
What's on Offer
● Gain experience in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
● Build and cultivate new relationships in Finance