You are here
Technical Support - Software Defined Storage Solution Vendor
- Start up company in Japan, be a part of a rapidly growing team
- You will be operating as a part of the Global Team
About Our Client
This company is an industry leader in software-defined storage solutions. Their solutions are being used for software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Although they are still at a start-up phase in Japan, they have already acquired some of the biggest telecommunications clients here, and are rapidly expanding their business.
This position will be responsible for the Design, Build and Support of our product or third party components for customers. This includes assisting the sales team throughout the customer selection process: participate in the design of solutions, run technology showcases or proof of concepts at customer sites and, where appropriate, provide consulting. As part of the Services team, you will also provide integration, consulting, training, support and post-sales professional services to our growing list of industry clients. As secondary objectives, you will interact with the product organization to discuss new features required by customers.
The Successful Applicant
* Native-level Japanese and business-level English are mandatory
* BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
* Significant understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 5 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
* In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
* Significant understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systems.
* Experience on storage environment (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed file system, object storage, Restful API, Amazon S3)
* Solid networking knowledge: low level networking concepts, bridging, bonding, vlan, TCP/IP
* Knowledge of High Availability environment (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms)
* Knowledge with Web Servers, Backups, Email, Package Management, Monitoring in a large scale production environment
* Scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell), Development skills in C/Java is definitely a plus
What's on Offer
* Annual salary: Flexible depending on the candidate's current salary, potential and expectations
* Location: Central Tokyo Location