You are here
Technical Support Engineer
- Cloud Computing
- Technical Support
About Our Client
Our client is one of the worldwide leaders in the cloud industry. Specifically, they host some of the world's most famous web companies and offer solutions for media streaming, web security and application performance.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues. You will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers (which include many Fortune 500 corporations and government agencies). You will be working directly with our customers' technical operations teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
This is not your typical technical support position. You will be intimately involved in all technical aspects of products and services and be critical to our customer relationships. You will work closely with the rest of the support team and engineering to share knowledge, deliver the best possible service for our customers by developing ideas based on customer feedback. As a member of this team, you will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent customer support. In addition you may be assigned a set of Strategic Accounts to manage their technical requirements.
The Successful Applicant
* In depth knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP, DNS, Streaming, etc.)
* Knowledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP) and troubleshooting tools
* Experience providing technical solutions & support to enterprise (Business-to-Business [B2B]) customers
* Programming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting or Java preferable)
* Fluent Japanese and business level English
What's on Offer
* Annual salary of up to 9M JPY
* Central Tokyo work location
* Outstanding company benefits