You are here
Technical Support Engineer
- Cloud Computing
- Exciting company
About Our Client
Our client is one of the worldwide leaders in the cloud industry. Specifically, they host some of the world's most famous web companies and offer solutions for media streaming, web security and application performance.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues. You will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers (which include many Fortune 500 corporations and government agencies). You will be working directly with our customers' technical operations teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
This is not your typical technical support position. You will be intimately involved in all technical aspects of products and services and be critical to our customer relationships. You will work closely with the rest of the support team and engineering to share knowledge, deliver the best possible service for our customers, and improve by developing ideas based on customer feedback. As a member of this team, you will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent customer support. In addition you may be assigned a set of Strategic Accounts to manage their technical requirements.
The Successful Applicant
* In depth knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP, DNS, Streaming, etc.)
* Knowledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP) and troubleshooting tools
* Experience providing technical solutions & support to enterprise (Business-to-Business [B2B]) customers
* Programming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting or Java preferable)
* Familiarity with technologies like:
* Configuring webservers (Apache, IIS) and the infrastructure necessary to support a dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc.), or
* Streaming (Flash, HTTP Live Streaming, etc.)
* Business level English and fluent Japanese
What's on Offer
Annual base salary ranging from 6,000,000 to 9,000,000 yen plus up to 15% bonus.
Excellent benefits including life insurance, health insurance, travel insurance and company pension.