You are here
Technical Support Engineer - Global Search Engine Platform
- You will belong to a global team and have constant interaction with counterparts
- Dynamic and fast-paced company culture with opportunity for career growth
About Our Client
You will be a part of driving operational excellence within one of the world's largest product search engines, serving billions of search requests to millions of customers worldwide. This team will combine application operations, systems engineering and software development skills to run large-scale fault-tolerant and highly available systems.
* Site reliability, systems, and application operations of the Search Engine service.
* Collaborate with engineering and remote support engineers to drive down operational burden through improved documentation and SOPs/runbooks.
* Daytime on-call support, monitoring, and triaging as part of a shared rotation. Diagnose and mitigate critical failures in high pressure situations. Perform deep dives and root cause analysis as needed.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 2+ years of recent systems engineering, software engineering, site reliability, or dev-ops experience in a medium to large scale production Linux or other UNIX environment.
* 2+ years experience with Linux, Apache, DNS, monitoring, load-balancing, and caching.
* Experience working with high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions.
* Experience in the development and rollout of technical operations processes and new services.
* Working knowledge of Agile development methods (Kanban, Scrum, etc).
What's on Offer
* Annual salary: Up to 8m JPY
* Location: Central Tokyo Location