You are here
Technical Support Analyst
- One of the most famous information and market data companies
- International team working with colleagues across the world
About Our Client
Our client is a major US-headquartered market information and data provider. Their customers are in various industries and the data they provide are used by many of the most prominent brands in the world. This is a very international company, with a global environment in the Japan team.
* Answer technical questions, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries from customers
* Inform and educate customers and prospective customers about our clients' products and polices.
* Proactively recognize and report on trends leading to recurring technical problems. Escalate and report known tech support issues according to established procedures.
* Clearly and thoroughly log all customer and incident data in the case management system.
* Conduct technical research, test new products, and provide input on bugs, enhancements, especially in product design.
* Communicate to and collaborate with various internal stakeholders regarding technical product issues.
* Recommend and contribute to workflow, system, process, and procedure improvements within position, team, and department.
* Take ownership of all customer interactions and utilize appropriate follow-through. Provide timely feedback to external and internal customers via phone, e-mail, or other form of communication. Maintain an acceptable ratio of aged cases, initiating follow up as needed.
The Successful Applicant
* Strong communication skills; both verbal and written with ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
* High degree of listening and comprehension of the issues and requirements presented by customers.
* Experience working with large commercial databases
* Fluent in Japanese with experience working with industry professionals
* Background in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving technical environment
* Must be able to work as part of a global team of technical professionals while directed by US-based management
* Positive service attitude with ability to understand and empathize with customer concerns/issues
* Ability to manage multiple priorities from numerous sources
* Apply discretion resulting in appropriate/desired resolutions.
* Knowledge of web product delivery, software and middleware, computers, network operating systems, and network architecture/infrastructure
* Ability to analyze issues and determine root cause and identifying appropriate solutions. High degree of problem solving.
* Previous customer technical support experience, minimum 2 years
What's on Offer
Attractive salary, benefits and career progression possibilities.