You are here
Software Enterprise Tech Supp Sr. Analyst
- Major Computer Company!
- Great Work-Life Balance and International Environment!
About Our Client
Our client is an American privately owned multinational computer technology company based in Round Rock, Texas, United States, that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services.
We are currently seeking the role of a Technical Support Engineer within our Data Protection Support Team. In this capacity, you will be responsible for providing technical support to customers who have purchased or are evaluating our Data Protection solutions. As a Support Engineer you will work as part of a team using your skills to solve technical issues in various customer environments. Additionally you may be responsible for providing emergency after-hours support as part of an on-call rotation. We are looking for individuals who enjoy helping customers resolve technical problems, learning new technologies, and who can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
The Successful Applicant
* 3+ years of experience in a systems administration role with UNIX/Linux and Windows(certifications preferred) and an technical support role
* Backup/Restore software experience
* knowledge of Call tracking systems
* Solid knowledge of virtualization concepts
* Fluent Japanese. Reading English skill required
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and network topologies
* Prior Technical customer support or IS Helpdesk/Phone support experience or experience supporting internal system users
* Prior VMWare administration or support experience
* VMWare certifications are a plus
* Prior experience with RDBMS: Oracle(certification a plus), MySQL, MS SQL Server
* Ability to read/write Perl, Unix shell scripts, and SQL scripts
* Understanding of SAN concepts and the SAN Fabric network, Lun provisioning, zoning, identify bottleneck and DISK I/O related issues.
* Working knowledge of enterprise backup, recovery software
* Fluent English
* BSCS preferred
What's on Offer
*Regular working schedule: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (1 hour lunch break) - overtime upon discretionary scheme
*Holidays: Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays
*Benefits: Social Insurance, transportation