You are here
Software Development Engineer
- New international team, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Opportunities to work with global counterparts on a wide range of projects
About Our Client
This company is known as one of the most innovative IT companies in the world. They offer multiple online services including ecommerce and cloud, and operate globally. They are rapidly growing their business here in Japan, and this is a position with a new development team within the company.
This position will belong to a new development team within the company, that will be responsible for leading the development of key international initiatives, with a goal of building the most trusted online ecommerce experience in Japan. At a strategic level, this team will be instrumental in shaping the product direction, defining key product features and engineering unique solutions that are instrumental to the success of this business. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fast-growing area of the company's global business and experience a start up culture within a large organization.
To meet these challenges, the company is looking for a high-energy, talented software development engineer to help build and deliver the new features and products. You will work with multiple development teams and stakeholders in the US, Japan, and worldwide. A successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
* Ability to speak/write English
* 1 -2 years of work experience
* Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
* Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
* Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
* Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
* Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
* Previous technical internship(s) preferred
* Graduate degree a plus
What's on Offer
* Annual Salary: Up to 8m JPY
* Central Tokyo Location, great company benefits