You are here
Service Desk Specialist
- Senior role working with autonomy and independence
- One of the world's largest and most successful banks
About Our Client
Our client is a major American headquartered banks, that provides a very wide range of services to other financial services clients. This includes not only on the business side, but providing supporting technology systems and services. It is a very international environment and their clients are primarily major foreign headquartered financial firms also.
* Ownership and resolution of all technical issues for the Tokyo office
* Installation of financial services applications on laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
* Ensuring prompt escalation of technical issues when necessary by following defined escalation procedures
* Logging and updating all assigned tickets on a daily basis.
* Proactively update and maintain documentation on desktop procedures.
* Assist the Service Desk Manager with ad hoc business projects and tasks as assigned.
* Regularly communicates with management on the progress of assigned tasks.
* Hardware and application support / maintenance for remote and travelling employees
* Create update and decimate knowledge articles, maintain / update SharePoint site
* Maintenance of software and hardware asset Inventory
The Successful Applicant
* Fluent Japanese, with business level English.
* Strong understanding of desktop operating systems.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
* 5+ years of Information Technology experience in the area of trade floor desktop/helpdesk support within financial services.
* Skilled in troubleshooting in fast paced environment.
* Proven ability to plan work in advance by thinking though actions necessary to complete tasks through to deadline.
* Understanding of governance and security processes
* ITIL working knowledge
* 2 years of working with call logging and incident / problem / change management systems
* Windows 7, Server 2007, Apple - OS X Operating System.
* Dell Desktops and Asus Laptops
* Apple Desktops, Apple laptops, iPhones, iPads.
* Active Directory Administration / Users and Computers.
* Microsoft Office 2010.
* Excel Macros and add-ins.
* Symantec Ghost.
* Bloomberg and Thompson Reuters
* Remote control and application management
* Knowledge of AV/ VC Systems
* Basic Windows Server administration
* Basic MS Exchange administration
What's on Offer
Attractive salary and benefits, and a chance to work with autonomy in a senior role.