You are here
Senior Technical Support Engineer - Overseas opportunity
- Opportunity to work overseas
- Cloud Solutions
About Our Client
Our client is a Silicon Valley based storage platform provider focused on delivering enterprise cloud storage solutions.
For the past few years our client has been building their Japan support team which has also become a hub for engineers to relocate to their San Francisco office if they choose.
The role includes the following:
- Troubleshooting, answering questions, technical discussion with
pre-sales and post-sales customers via web/e-mail/phone. Work with
Engineering team for defect reports, troubleshooting, and feature
requests. Support our customers from all regions on the globe.
- Become an expert on the storage system that is a
high-performance, distributed storage system deployed on Linux.
- Manage communications/expectations to customers at all level to maintain
good relationships with contacts at customers and partners. Customers are
cloud service providers (data centers and ISPs), system integrator/reseller
partners, and enterprise customers.
- Occasional off-hours and weekend work.
- Occasional travel to customer sites, US office.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years of technical support experience with demonstrable skills in
troubleshooting technical issues with a complex software system. We
need more than just information passing between the customer and the
- High degree of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer oriented attitude, strong customer facing skills.
- Proficiency with Linux and networking.
- Proficiency in scripting
- BS/BA degree or better
- Venture minded, excellent team player.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Business level oral and written communication in Japanese
- Business level written communication in English
What's on Offer
-Annual salary of up to 9M JPY depending on skill and experience.
-Opportunity to relocate to our client's San Francisco office if you choose.
-Global team and environment.