You are here
Senior Software Developer - Global Online Ecommerce Company
- Close interaction with overseas teams, global working environment
- This company welcomes new and creative ideas
About Our Client
This company is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services. Their headquarters are in the US, and have been known as one of the fastest growing IT companies globally. Within Japan, the development team maintains their main services site and supports backend tools and services.
As the Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and influencing the design and implementation of web applications and services.
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of design experience
- Experience in service oriented architecture. Ideally some experience involving the conversion or migration of a legacy system to a service oriented design.
- Have a solid understanding of the agile and scrum development practices.
- High level of proficiency in at least one compiled language and one dynamic scripting language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Native-level Japanese language ability
- Good mentoring, coaching and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical and data-modelling skills
- Deep experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Extensive experience and knowledge with building web-scale, high-throughput services
- Experience with cloud-based (AWS preferred) development and deployment is a plus
- Working and developing within a *nix environment is preferred.
What's on Offer
- Annual Salary: Up to 16m JPY depending on potential and experience
- Location: Central Tokyo Location