You are here
Senior Project Manager
- Senior position in large multinational company
- Report to senior management directly
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest insurance companies in the world with well established business in Japan.
Common Project Manager Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements to appropriate team members, and manage all requirements accordingly to realize each for the stakeholder.
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to management.
- Follow the company's policies, compliances, procedures and methodologies.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder's needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Work collaboratively with internal / external department staff to maintain thorough knowledge of product capabilities, and to ensure that all communications between company and its stakeholders are precise.
- Travel required depends on the project assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Implementation Duties & Responsibilities
- Define & maintain all implementation processes, manage implementation lifecycle; coordinate documentation when needed.
- Arrange customer training and align training with customer goals.
- Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalating appropriately as needed.
- Maintain WBS and target dates and share the project status in the systems.
The Successful Applicant
- 7 years+ of working experience in project manager including 3 years+ in senior project manager, preferably under multicultural environment.
- Solid experience of IT systems integration/implementation project is a must.
- Experience of systems operational design might be a plus.
- Experience of working in Finance, Insurance and/or IT industry would be a plus.
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in Japanese and English is a must.
- Verbal / Nonverbal - Convey easily and quickly any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintain professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation.
- Written - Writes clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret complex written information.
- Presentation - Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; Able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application development, database design, and Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proficient in project management software.
- Good organizational agility and interpersonal skills to work effectively across functions and with management teams.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively in uncertain situations.
- Other attributes successful for the role include being results driven, proactive, customer focused and thrive in fast paced business environment.
- High degree of goal accountability (results-oriented, establishes clear goals, measures own performance against goals on an ongoing basis).
What's on Offer
- Top Tier Company
- Opportunity to become permanent employee