You are here
Senior Project Manager
- Exciting Project Manager role!
- Leading financial services firm!
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial services firm and they're looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their computer programming division.
A project manager is responsible for delivering IT projects to schedule, budget and quality. The role requires mastery of the technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, program management, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required. Senior project manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, and have expertise recognized and requested by customers.
The Successful Applicant
* Experience of managing IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, complex projects typically from $100,000 up to $5m in value and 6 to 18 months in duration
* Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
* Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
* Not mandatory but desirable - experience of delivery that includes the use of supplier and off-shore resources
* Not mandatory but desirable - experienced in managing to contract; ensuring clients and suppliers alike perform in accordance with original agreement
* Not mandatory but desirable - experience across packaged and bespoke systems and infrastructure, ideally on an international basis
* Not mandatory but desirable - management skills to manage one or more large, complex projects simultaneously
* IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases - plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
* Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
* Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
* Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management
* Senior project manager is expected to act independently to deliver project to schedule, budget and scope; support provided as required and requested, and is self-driven and motivated
* A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
* 10 to 15 years in a corporate IT environment
* 5 to 10 years experience in project management
* Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure)
* Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
* Project management certification is preferred (PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2)
* Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous
What's on Offer
- Exciting chance to work on several projects!
- Leading financial services firm!