You are here
Senior Escalation Engineer - 10M - Network
- Excellent working environment with great work/life balance
- Competitive salary
About Our Client
Our client is an American multinational software company founded in 1989 that provides server, application and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service (SaaS), and cloud computing technologies.
They have a team of about 400 in Japan offering an excellent work/life balance as well an easy to work international environment.
Responsible for the review, qualification and ownership of complex enterprise level support calls that may include multiple products. The communication of case status' and next actions are to be reported up through Sr.
Director level with minimal oversight. Performs in-depth analysis of memory dumps/network traces while developing troubleshooting-focused code / script knowledge.
* Independently de-escalates / defuses complex customer situations by using appropriate communication planning and follow through that helps drive confident communication.
* Independently resolve the most technically complex, mission critical or politically hot customer issues.
* Seeks to mentor less senior members of the team around technical case management
* Act as an effective technical interface between the customer and 3rd Level Engineering / Product Development - by providing clear issue documentation and by leveraging productive cross-functional working relationships with senior-level players in their area of expertise.
* Provides problem report prioritization for Engineering in at least one core product.
* Collaborate with other teams to write & review complex technical articles and case studies for the knowledge base leveraging the customer reported cases, product specifications, and wide ranging experience.
* Act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in at least one core product and demonstrates a solid understanding of at least one adjacent product
* Develop and review advanced technical training for internal and external audiences across multiple products or components.
* May participate in interviewing and training new team members.
* Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation
* Refine existing project management skills through participation in projects as a stakeholder or sub-team leader
The Successful Applicant
* Must pursue a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent advanced industry certifications.
* Hands on experience in a network engineer or technical support position
* Strong knowledge in upper layer networking, load balancing, VPN, TCP/IP, C++
What's on Offer
Location: Kasumigaseki - 2 min from the station
Salary: Up to 10M base
Great work/life balance