You are here
Senior Application Support Engineer
- Top tier company long term stable job opportunity with competitive salary
- English speaking working envoirnment
About Our Client
This client is a top tier US Investment Bank with established business in Japan.
Member of the QAPM Derives team supporting critical risk management, OTC lifecycle and market making applications used by the Equity Division. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of these business critical client/server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure. To assist the users of applications by acting as a first point of contact for both application and data queries.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates would be expected to perform the following roles:
- Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Notifying the business unit of system issues or failures in a timely manner.
- Notify Compliance in a timely manner of regulatory issues.
- Liaise with external parties to resolve issues.
- System break/fix and user recovery
- Investigating and resolving data quality issues
- Investigation of user queries. E.g. flow breaks, booking issues, data issues. Liaison with operations and controllers where appropriate.
- Escalating problems to level 3 (core development and engineering) groups.
- Act as an escalation point for frontline.
- War gaming failure scenarios identify problems with outage recovery procedures. Work with necessary parties to ensure that these are resolved.
- Assisting the users with end-user computing issues.
Senior level candidates would also be expected to:
- Work closely with IST to ensure the support team has Excellent knowledge of the application set
- Document recovery procedures
- Work closely with IST and Engineering to either develop, or provide specifications for tools to improve monitoring, increase the stability of the plant and automate manual tasks
Work closely with regional counterparts in New York, Hong Kong and Tokyo to:
- Standardise monitoring procedures
- Provide follow the sun support
- Strong technical, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- In depth understanding of Equity Cash and derivative trading concepts and ability to interact with traders
- Good understanding of operating systems (UNIX, PC)
- Good understanding of SQL and Sybase databases.
- Professional ownership of issues
- Knowledge of: scripting languages, ksh, Perl, Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML and XML.
- Can do attitude Candidates should have experience in the financial services industry.
What's on Offer
- Top Tier Company
- Competitive salary