You are here
Senior Accounting Manager (Change Management Focus)
- Support the company with turn around and change management process
- Manage team of 3-5 and create development plans for the team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in the US, and generates over USD 13 billion in annual revenue.
Japan is a key market for Japan, and the company has been committed to the Japanese market and is currently putting a lot of resources and investment into Japan. The company environment is very open and international, with the hiring manager as well as other people within the management team being foreigners.
- Manage the timely and accurate closing processes in compliance with US GAAP
- Ensure compliance with Japanese statuary reporting
- Coordinate successful audits and reviews with auditors
- Manage budget and forecasting process for Japan business functions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and facilitate on-going activity to implement enhancements throughout the accounting environment
- Ensure that internal controls are an integral part of processes and systems
- Ensure effective prioritization and delegation of corporate accounting functions and work flow within the accounting team
- Ensure effective and collaborative relationships between accounting/finance, operating units and corporate business partners
The Successful Applicant
- Progressive experience in accounting management at the supervisor or manager level or above.
- Strong accounting skills including technical accounting, financial analysis, and external audit experience,
- Expertise in US GAAP, and experience in Sarbanes Oxley compliance standards
- Demonstrated leadership, team-building, and staff development skills
- Ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels.
- Ability to continuously improve reporting processes and tools.
- Demonstrates a strong project management skill set; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to manage effective relationships with business operations managers and business partners
What's on Offer
The role will focus on review and improvement of accounting operations, review of the performance of the team and establish strong communication channels to the business stakeholder in Japan and overseas.