You are here
Senior Accounting Manager (10 staff)
- Manage shared service center across 5 legal entities in Japan
- Opportunity to experience expansion of the company
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top retail companies worldwide with long history over 50 years. The company culture is very strong family oriented with employees having high appreciation for the craftsmanship of the brand.
In Japan the company is expanding their business, and will bring a new brand to Japan market. This will increase their amount of legal entities.
- In charge of monthly general accounting closing process (accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collections, as well as asset and stock management)
- Prepare financial statements to meet local statutory reporting requirements.
- To analyze financial statements, propose action plans and recommendations for corrections or improvements
- To forecast and analyze monthly and annual cash flows and inform the management and Group treasury department
- Responsible for tax planning/reporting/filing, with support from external tax advisors
- To set up, maintain and apply appropriate safeguards within group and internal audit guidelines Management:
- To interact with other managers to provide consultative support through financial analysis and recommendations
- To set up well defined and efficient organization whilst remaining economically productive.
The Successful Applicant
- Sound experience in Finance/Accounting discipline with experience managing or supervising a team of at least 2 people
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
- High level of proficiency with MS office suites (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What's on Offer
This position will manage internal accounting team which consist of 10 people including temp and contract staff. Please note that the company does not expect the candidate to have same level of experience on people management. This role will have 1 Team Leader reporting into it as well, and the management responsibilities can be shared. Some of the responsibilities will include review of the closing and reporting process, organize consolidated group reporting package, and communicate closely with APAC teams to increase efficiency of daily operations, etc.