You are here
Senior Accountant - First Person for Finance in Japan
- Opportunity to join well-known company at start-up stages
- Close communication with APAC office for accounting operations
About Our Client
Our client is an American FMCG company, with products sold in over 60 countries. Last fiscal year global net revenue exceeded USD 10 billion worldwide, and Japan represents 25% of the global revenue by country.
- Maintain accounts systems and / or accounts balance statements including sub-ledgers (sales, inventory, fixed assets/vending machines, accounts receivable and accounts payable, etc.) in accordance with US GAAP.
- Perform accounts closing, prepare US GAAP accounts, submit data and reports with meaningful variance analysis to HQ in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support Statutory Accounting team to post journal vouchers.
- Challenge accounting processes to identify areas for improvement, both from a quality, internal control and efficiency point of view, and recommend changes whenever deemed appropriate.
- Process transactions in accordance with Principles & Practices, internal procedures and SOX key controls; Bring all exceptions to the Manager Accounting's attention timely and handle them properly.
- Participate in special projects in line with business requirements; Report to the Manager Accounting of complex subjects related to the function.
The Successful Applicant
- Native level Japanese and strong fluency in English
- Over 3 years working experience in Accounting including closing and tax
- US CPA equivalent knowledge
- US GAAP knowledge
- Working experience at accounting firm Big 4 and a large-sized multinational organization is welcome
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join well-known company at start-up stages