You are here
Sales Director opportunity!
Around a $30bn business headquartered in the US
About Our Client
American multinational media conglomerate. Primarily involved in the media and entertainment industries; they own a top tier television network, and a major film studio. It has a significant presence in broadcasting through a portfolio of domestic and international properties, including terrestrial and pay television outlets.
・ Take a leadership role within the team and work with the managing director to build a mid-long term vision and Sales Strategy
・ Drive development & implementation of retail strategies covering trade marketing, key accounts, non-traditional channels, and resource alignment among different teams. Address existing distribution as well as new capabilities such as online sales channels
・ Establish and enhance strategic partnerships with external key accounts including new partners to secure a sustainable growth in monetizing contents. Work with London & LA offices to build win-win relationships with the key accounts leveraging various offerings.
・ Develop strategic partnerships with external companies to sell DVD/BD/ digital contents using non-traditional approaches.
・ Work with corporate office to build a unified presence in Japan and to maximise the synergy within the group
・ Drive business planning and business development to achieve company's commercial goals and objectives
・ Maximise business opportunities through motivating the team to attend all the interests from potential customers and assess the viability of the available business opportunities
・ Improve share of market for each business category
・ Development of exclusive promotions
・ Maintain latest business information to management team for sales strategy discussions
・ Report the Japan business situation to International Head Quarters, and work closely with HQ management
The Successful Applicant
* Strong business knowledge in Japan and is number and target focused
* Highly commercial (Budget, P/L management) with a Customer focus & understanding that leads to establishing/ enhancing and maintaining Business Partnership
* Strategic business development and sales planning with good decision making capability
* Strong understanding in Trade Marketing
* Excellent communication skill in both Japanese and English for internal and external stakeholders
* Leadership in building effective team and managing resources
* Excellent Project management Skills
* Good analytical & Negotiation skills
* Driving collaboration and innovation in the team
* Passionate& innovative to find new ways of driving the business
* Presentation & PC skill (Excel, Word, PowerPoint）
What's on Offer
- Market Leading package
- Career advancement to General Manager in future