You are here
Production Support Engineer
- One of the most successful technology companies in the world
- Attractive role in a laid back, "techy" and global working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a major global IT systems provider for the telecommunications industry. They are headquartered in the US but has an extremely strong Japan business, with millions of people here using their products. The working environment is international, techy but laid back.
- Provide technical support for production system applications and troubleshoots issues when raised.
- Prioritize incidents and issues raised and coordinate to resolve it accordingly.
- Coordinate escalation and resolution of major service issues.
- Maintain ownership until resolution of technical issue.
- Report promptly to management and business partners regarding critical outages until resolution.
- Regular discussion and follow up production issues with in country and offshore application support teams to determine remediation and prevent reoccurrence.
- Interact with infrastructure, release management, change management, DBA, front office and back office application teams.
- Arrange, assign, adjust, monitor shifts to have appropriate coverage for 365 days operations, including weekends and holidays.
- Assist in support hours of operation and off hour production emergencies.
- Develop relations with business users, local and global support teams.
- Implement and review of production support procedures, policies and documentation for continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in distributed, multi-national, multi-lingual, and multi-cultural corporate environments; Fluent in both Japanese and English.
- University degree, or equivalent, in computer science, engineering, or related fields; A minimum 5 years of professional experience in IT.
- Experience with RDMS products, specifically Microsoft SQL Server; Working knowledge with SQL language.
- Experience in creating documents (ex, BRD, User Manuals) in both Japanese and English.
- Good analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal, communications, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain ownership and manage tasks from beginning to end
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits.