You are here
Product Marketing Manager
- Carbon or Rubber industry understanding is a plus.
- Country Level Product Marketing
About Our Client
US Based, Carbon Chemical Manufacturer
- Manages assigned product line through its life cycle at a country level. Plans tactical activities and contributes to overall strategy direction.
- Monitors growth and profitability of product portfolio within Japan and evaluates results against metrics. Evaluates fixed and variable costs, return ratios in order to determine profitability. Recommends changes to increase product line profitability.
- Provides country market requirements by conducting research, evaluating and identifying unmet or changing customer needs that may lead to additional product uses or new product development. Contribute innovative solutions that will lead to new products and markets. Stays abreast of market facts, changes in order to recommend changes in plans.
- Evaluates performance of sales and marketing plans and may recommend adjustments to suit regional needs.
- Works closely with Regional Product Manager to ensure full understanding and collaboration in terms of product plans and strategies, product positioning, target customers. Supports development of long-range strategies.
- Provides input regarding local compliance with safety and other regulations that may impact pricing and other related decisions.
- Coordinates decision making between sales, manufacturing and supply chain to optimize RM profitability
- Understands the cost structure of our products and sets pricing for product to reach desired return
- Evaluates product performance in different market and differentiate our products via value pricing
- Develop & manage multi generation product development roadmap, implement branding & promotion strategy and provide market intelligence & analysis to better understand how we should position ourselves. Aligning with AP Regional Marketing manager.
- As leadership member of the sub region to develop and execute the overall strategy of sub region
The Successful Applicant
- Solid knowledge of inbound product management principles and practices; manufacturing operations, cost structure of key raw materials; cost analysis; product development and commercialization.
- Analytical Ability & Intelligence. Ability to identify and analyze what is important and recognizes depth of analysis needed. Ability to interpret and synthesize issues in order to draw conclusions.
- Commercial Skills. Has deep knowledge about the markets and applications in which our products add value and demonstrates ability to effectively capture value. customers to enable execution of strategic goals with passion to achieve highest levels of service.
- Strong knowledge of chemical industry, regional market segments and competition;
- Business Savvy. Knowledgeable of functional elements which are important for business profitability.
- Global Business Awareness. Knowledgeable of global business trends and events that could impact Firm and/or the market.
- Organization Integration & Engagement. Ability to work in close alignment with people from other functions and influence/engage others to address issues, resolve conflicts.
- Results Driven. Ability to take ownership and be accountable for results.
- Customer Relationship Excellence. Ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with customers.
- Communications & Presentation Skills. Ability to engage with the organization in a manner that is timely, relevant and appropriate to the environment
- English. Good command of written and spoken English in a professional environment
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to use English with Stake holders outside Japan.
- Flex time and Work Life Balance.