You are here
Product manager - Global Kitchenware Brand
- Strong growth potential
- Well renowned Gaishi brand
About Our Client
My client sells small tools that get its customers perky, fed, and coiffed. Known internationally for its portfolio of some 20 brand names, they make cookware (non-stick bakeware, pressure cookers), appliances (toasters, coffee makers, vacuums), and personal care items (hair dryers, scales, and electric razors). A global leader in small appliance manufacturing, it sells its products in more than 140 countries.
They are present in Japan for cookware and SDA and are well known family brand. They are especially expecting further growth within coming years.
- Develop an Annual Market activation Plan and Budget (= Annual Marketing Plan) that includes sales objectives (value and volume), consolidated and operating margin objectives, ATL/BTL activity, distribution strategy, competitive information, etc. in line with company vision and strategy
-Implement the approved marketing programs (including new product launch, Advertising campaign, various sales promotion activities, etc.) and maximize these effectiveness and potential
- Work closely with the SBU (strategic Business Unit in France), and support them to understand the Japan, Japanese consumer and Japanese specific needs.
- Closely monitor the competitive activities and quickly take an action together with the Marketing Manager and relative functions, especially, the Sales dept. and Shopper Marketing team.
- Analyze and grasp the current situation (sales performance, competitive actions, etc.), and take necessary actions with timely manner. In addition, prepare the Monthly operation reports
The Successful Applicant
- Good knowledge about Japanese customer structure and have experiences about the B2C Marketing and product management in Japanese market
- More than 2 years experiences in product / brand management, Ideally an international FMCG company.
- Ability and curiosity to gather data, analyse and summarize
- Characteristics should be 1) real marketer, 2) Fluent Japanese + business English level, 3) Ability to think and act analytically, 4) Ability to think creatively, act, review and further develop our business model and activities.
out of the box, be inspired by also qualitative information like fashion and lifestyle trends, 4) Entrepreneurial spirit to take calculated risks, 5) Team player 6) Communicative skills / Persuasiveness to « sell » the marketing actions plans to commercial teams and external representatives
- Degree in Business Administration. MBA preferable, not mandatory
- Ability to: presentation in English and Japanese
- develop annual activity and status report plan in English and Japanese
- Ability to negotiate with trade customers and suppliers
What's on Offer
This role offers a real chance to grow your skills within a well renowned company. They have great work life balance and support the chance to be promoted within the company.