You are here
Product Controller for Rates / FX Products
- Global Investment Bank
- Product Controller for FX Products
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asia-based investment bank with worldwide reach. The company provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries.
Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, the company has a unique understanding of Asia that enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
● Cover Structured Rates, Flow Rates, Interest Rates, Derivatives both Vanilla and Exotic, Cash Bonds, Repo/Gensaki, Listed Future/Option and FX.
● Daily analysis of P&L generated by Rates/FX businesses and related regulatory reporting.
● Further the partnering relationship with the business to help advance the business during a high growth period. Drive and influence decision support MIS for the business.
● Prepare the monthly accounting close, ensuring that the daily P&L is reflected accurately in the books and records.
● Liaise with Valuation Team with monthly Price Testing, reserves processes and Structured Deal Review.
● Liaise with offshore Product Control team with outsourced PL process.
● Partner with Technology and Operations to drive process efficiencies and scalable infrastructure.
● Responding to Ad hoc reporting requests from the desk and finance management.
● There are a number of large global projects being lead within Finance, participation will be required.
The Successful Applicant
● Further qualifications after degree are preferable (CPA, CFA, CIMA, ACA, Masters etc)
● Business level language in English and Japanese
● Previous experience (at least 3 years) in Finance area preferably in Product Control handling Fixed Income products
● Positive, up-beat, flexible and outgoing personality, quick learner, ambitious, adaptable, strong team player, deadline and goal orientated
● Good Organizational Skills
● Culturally sensitivity: good understanding of working well with Japanese colleagues
● Proactive: The environment requires a high level of initiative to address issues as they arise and confidence in analyzing and presenting financial data
● Good communicator: The role requires high level of interaction with the trading desk, middle office and IT. Need to demonstrate confidence in discussing complex issues
● Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
What's on Offer
● Gain experience in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
● Build and cultivate relationships outside of Finance, e.g. Operations, Risk Management, IT, Internal Audit and Front Office