You are here
Product Controller for Equity Products, Associate
- As Equity Product Controller for Japan you will be based in Tokyo
- Cover Equity Risk, Delta One (Stock vs Equity Swap), JDR, ETF trading, Listed FX
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asia-based investment bank with worldwide reach. The company provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. The company has a unique understanding of Asia that enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
As Equity Product Controller for Japan you will be based in Tokyo. Equity business trades the full product spectrum. As such the desks faces both business and accounting challenges with new business and product developments, changing accounting environment and reporting requirements. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate drive and enthusiasm for acting as a change agent in a diverse organization, contributing to the increasingly international corporate culture and helping to drive and implement Global strategy within the product control department for a standardized professional and high quality product control. Cover Equity Risk - Delta One (Stock vs Equity Swap), JDR, ETF trading, Listed Future/Option and FX. Liaise with offshore Product Control team with outsourced P&L process. Review, validate daily P&L produced by offshore Team, perform P&L analysis and related regulatory reporting.
The Successful Applicant
● Further qualifications after degree are preferable (CPA, CFA, CIMA, ACA, Masters etc)
● Business level language in English and Japanese
● Previous experience (at least 3 years) in Finance area preferably in Product Control handling Fixed Income products
● Positive, up-beat, flexible and outgoing personality, quick learner, ambitious, adaptable, strong team player, deadline and goal orientated
● Good Organizational Skills
● Culturally sensitivity: good understanding of working well with Japanese colleagues
● Proactive: The environment requires a high level of initiative to address issues as they arise and confidence in analyzing and presenting financial data
● Good communicator: The role requires high level of interaction with the trading desk, middle office and IT. Need to demonstrate confidence in discussing complex issues
● Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
What's on Offer
● Gain experience in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
● Build and cultivate new relationships in Finance