You are here
Presales Engineer - Software Defined Storage Solution Vendor
- Start-up environment - opportunity to be involved in a wide range of roles
- Close connections with overseas teams, international environment
About Our Client
This company is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Since its foundation, it has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily. They have major clients in multiple sectors, and are expanding their business rapidly in Japan as well.
You will serve as a customer facing technical expert for potential clients. You will belong to the global presales team and will be focused on supporting sales people in identifying qualifying and closing deals.
* Qualifying opportunities and defining the level of compatibility between the products and the prospects' technical requirements;
* Collecting information and developing an understanding of each prospect's infrastructure & needs;
* Developing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations;
* Participating in answering and writing proposal responses to RFP's and RFI's notably, the technical aspects;
* Contributing to training partners on the solution to a level where they are comfortable in understanding its capabilities and positioning its positive impacts to the customers' business operations.
* Architecting solutions according to specified requirements, including selecting appropriate 3rd party integrations and counseling customers on hardware sizing and selection;
* Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the product technology and vision; * Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of the storage industry sector and key competitive technologies;
* Communicating customer requirements to Product Management teams to influence future product directions.
The Successful Applicant
* Recent successful experience working in global, multi-cultural organizational settings; integrating a dynamic start-up culture with an awareness and sensitivity to local business and social practices.
* 5-10 years experience in Enterprise infrastructure solutions architecture and/or sales engineering, esp. in start-up context
* 5+ years experience in Enterprise storage, preferably working on large scale solutions (typ. Petabyte), and with a track record of understanding the customer workflow and applications, in order to design the most suitable storage solution
* Passion for supporting customers and sales people to provide the best solution to a particular need, optimizing technical and price constraints
* Experience in designing and promoting infrastructure solutions in specific industry verticals such as: Cloud and Telco Service Providers, Media, Banking etc.
What's on Offer
* Annual salary: Flexible depending on candidate
* Location: Central Tokyo Location