You are here
Operations Engineer for a Global Search Engine
- International environment, close interaction with overseas teams
- Work with some of the top-tier developers in the online industry globally
About Our Client
This company is one of the largest online service companies globally. Within this specific team, you will be responsible for managing the operations for their Search System.
This position will be a part of a global team running one of the Internet's largest search infrastructures. You will be responsible for all operational aspects of the search service and will actively lead efforts to improve the availability, performance and customer experience. You will support a diverse array of systems from indexing through to serving customer queries.
The Successful Applicant
* At least 3 years of recent systems administration experience in a large scale production Linux or other UNIX environment, preferably as a senior member of the team
* At least 3 years of scripting and development skills in bash, Perl, Python, etc.
* Ability to architect high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions
* Experience with capacity planning and performance measurement tools and reporting
* Experience in the development and roll-out of technical operations processes
* Experience in designing and implementing solutions for a large installed base of servers
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
* Previous experience in an online business is essential
* Fluency in English is mandatory
What's on Offer
* Annual salary: Up to 9m JPY
* Central Tokyo Location